1.7K views

Purchased a new 2014 Honda Civic LX for my daughter to take to college in a different state. Wanted a reliable car so also got Roadside Assistance and extended Honda Care Warranty.

Dec. 2015 she leaves car at college while home for winter break. Returned to school after 3 weeks and car wouldn't start (no, she didn't leave lights on). Car wouldn't even start with a jump.

Called Roadside Assistance - they told her she had to pay for jump (WRONG). She drove it for 2 hours to recharge it and it died again WHILE SHE WAS DRIVING. Call Roadside Assistance for tow. She had to call in 3 times because they kept telling her someone was on the way and no one ever showed.

They also told her again she would have to pay. WRONG. I had to call and argue several times. CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERED REGARDLESS OF DRIVER.

Contract says so. Shouldn't have to get a new battery for a car that is 2 years old with 10,000 miles on it.

Honda says they have no info about battery problems with Honda Civics but online everyone is complaining about this. MY ADVICE - DON'T GET A HONDA CIVIC OR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE!

This person wrote the review because of "poor customer service and bad product (battery in new car)" at Honda. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Honda to have the product delivered.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Honda and honda customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

2014 Honda Civic Hybrid...This person is not upset about customer service. We are having the same issue and the HONDA DEALERSHIP in TULSA stated does your son not know how to drive a Hybrid.

I have called them had it in the shop 3 times they fixed stuff but not the issue. We have been through 6 batteries in 1 year. Now we called the dealer because it is happening again and they stated that yea bring it in but your warrenty is expired now. (Yea they just didn't want to fix the issue).My last 2 days (6/28/18 to 6/29/18): Driving Car all light came on and power steering went out then car stopped working all together.

Took battery to store it is still under warranty. They charged it over night. Went this AM got batter put it in. Car started right up but got about 3 blocks to the house.

Carr sat for about 4 hours drove 3 more blocks literally the car broke down in the same parking lot again all lights and warnings went off again, power steering went out and car stopped working. Went and got a whole new battery. Started right up. Drove back to the house and then to work pulled into the work parking lot all the lights went off, power steering stopped working, and car shut off.

This is with a BRAND NEW BATTERY AS OF 2 HOURS AGO.

How all of a sudden we don't have a warranty but we still have the same issue for 2 years. Consumer is not upset because of service and I fell the same way.

Stephanie Anderson
to Anonymous #1509803

Not anonymous: Name Stephanie AndersonGlenpool, OKemail: Softball.steph.1974@csosortho.comDealership: Don Carlton Honda, Tulsa, OK4141 S. Memorial Dr.My son is 23.

We both know about how to drive cars and hybrids.Oh by the way I bought this with 30 miles on the car. I have had the maint.

done on time every time. Records are Clear and no issues

I have a 2014 accord. Within two years the battery was dead.

I took it to the dealership and they replaced it as it was still under warranty. Now 13 months later, this battery is dead. Back to the dealership. No other problems with the car other than another bad battery.

The car only has 32k miles on it. Now I have to buy a battery from Honda for $130. You would think that a battery would last more than 13 months.

This car is garage kept and not subject to extreme temperatures. It's very disappointing that Honda is putting out inferior batteries and won't stand behind them.

I purchased a new 2014 Honda Civic and can't believe I'm having trouble with the battery already;(

Harbor City, California, United States #1251530

My car makes loud clicking sounds. It won't start some say it's the battery I have a 2014 Honda Civic as well and I love in California last night was cold but not freezing level I don't understand

Los Angeles, California, United States #1235596

I agree. I went in to Honda dealer for same issue, and i was told there's nothing wrong with the battery.

BS!!! *** Honda!!!

Update: Honda replaced battery under Original Factory Warranty, as they should. Hopefully this problem doesn't happen every time she has to leave the state for school break!!