1.6
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX coupe with only 99k miles and due to a manufacturing defect now has a cracked engine block. Honda has a service bulletin #10-048 which states the 2007 Civic and other years have manufacturing defect.

My civic started over heating on Dec.25th 2017 on the way out to my families house for Christmas and I had to pull to the side of the road due to the overheating and smoke we saw coming from the engine. After looking under the hood I saw there was no coolant in the reservoir and I couldn't detect a coolant leak. The next day Dec.26th 2017 I replaced the thermostat on my civic presuming that the thermostat was sticking and coolant was not circulating. That was obviously not the case because yet again the next day Dec.27th 2017 it overheated and I had to pull to the side of the road and noticed a severe coolant leak coming from the engine block.

When I got the car home I did some research and noticed a Honda service bulletin (above) and saw we were not the only ones having this issue. We called American Honda and they started a case for us and recommended that we take it to our local Honda to be inspected further. We made a appointment for the inspection and after Honda inspected it they diagnosed it with a cracked engine block. This is do to their faulty defected product.

Honda should stand behind their product and fix the issue. This car was meticulously maintained by my local Honda and has been in the family. We were never notified of this bulletin or else we would had brought our civic in sooner before there supposed extra 10 year warranty expired.

It shouldn't matter how many years Honda knows this is a ongoing issue and it will continue to happen if it doesn't get taken care of the right way. This could potentially be a dangerous situation and I believe Honda needs to step up.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2007 Honda Civic Car.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Decision on my cars repair, Continuous wrong committment, Honda doesnt back product, Known defect and they do nothing, Ongoing problem.

Comments