Kansas City, Missouri
100% full Not resolved

I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan.I had noticed it was getting hard to turn and wheezing around Aug 2015.

Related: Honda - Rear brake issues

I checked the power steering fluid, and it was empty. I filled it with the appropriate Honda ps fluid. I have a 10 minute commute to work through the city downtown. As I was sitting at a stop light, I noticed smoke coming from under my hood.

I was close to work, so I was able to get into the parking lot. The underside of my hood had caught fire. I was able to get it to a mechanic that day, and he told me there were cracks in the power steering and fluid was going everywhere. I couldn't afford to fix the power steering at that time, so Ive been forced to check the fluid once every couple days to make sure it isn't bone dry.

I was forced, however, to replace the belt closest to the power steering fluid reservoir, which cost me nearly $200. I found a recall on NHTSA website, for the exact issue for my exact car. When I called Honda to confirm my car was part of the recall, they stated that it was not. I don't understand how the make model year and version of my car can be included in a recall of nearly 625,000 defective Hondas, but my VIN doesn't apply.

This car has cost me what I paid for it a couple times over, now this.

Review about: 2003 Honda Accord.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Honda Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $1000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Honda?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.