100% full Not resolved

I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan.I had noticed it was getting hard to turn and wheezing around Aug 2015.

I checked the power steering fluid, and it was empty. I filled it with the appropriate Honda ps fluid. I have a 10 minute commute to work through the city downtown. As I was sitting at a stop light, I noticed smoke coming from under my hood.

I was close to work, so I was able to get into the parking lot. The underside of my hood had caught fire. I was able to get it to a mechanic that day, and he told me there were cracks in the power steering and fluid was going everywhere. I couldn't afford to fix the power steering at that time, so Ive been forced to check the fluid once every couple days to make sure it isn't bone dry.

I was forced, however, to replace the belt closest to the power steering fluid reservoir, which cost me nearly $200. I found a recall on NHTSA website, for the exact issue for my exact car. When I called Honda to confirm my car was part of the recall, they stated that it was not. I don't understand how the make model year and version of my car can be included in a recall of nearly 625,000 defective Hondas, but my VIN doesn't apply.

This car has cost me what I paid for it a couple times over, now this.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Honda and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Honda.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auto category for more informed decision or compare Honda to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Honda?

Comments