I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan.I had noticed it was getting hard to turn and wheezing around Aug 2015.
I checked the power steering fluid, and it was empty. I filled it with the appropriate Honda ps fluid. I have a 10 minute commute to work through the city downtown. As I was sitting at a stop light, I noticed smoke coming from under my hood.
I was close to work, so I was able to get into the parking lot. The underside of my hood had caught fire. I was able to get it to a mechanic that day, and he told me there were cracks in the power steering and fluid was going everywhere. I couldn't afford to fix the power steering at that time, so Ive been forced to check the fluid once every couple days to make sure it isn't bone dry.
I was forced, however, to replace the belt closest to the power steering fluid reservoir, which cost me nearly $200. I found a recall on NHTSA website, for the exact issue for my exact car. When I called Honda to confirm my car was part of the recall, they stated that it was not. I don't understand how the make model year and version of my car can be included in a recall of nearly 625,000 defective Hondas, but my VIN doesn't apply.
This car has cost me what I paid for it a couple times over, now this.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2003 Honda Accord
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Dear Sir, I am Mr Mustafa, from Saudi Arabia. , owner of Genesis 2014 model with Reg Number KMHGN41E5FU00 with milage of 10,000Km. I Would like to let you know..."
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "Dear Sir/Mdm I having technical problem on my Honda NC700XA motorcycle speedometer due to unable to set it to km/h. Currently the meter was shown in mph instead of km/h and..."
- "Show Me Tree and Paving finished the asphalt work on my driveway in one day, then sealed it as well. About 6000+ square feet of driveway. They stayed off my..."
- " I have the Milo sofa I purchased 1 year ago $2000, the cushions are sagging, and the fabric has stretched and balled up...looks horrible, I'm embarrassed for people to see..."
- "I AM SO UPSET AT OFFICE DEPOT AS THEY DO HAVE THE WORST FRAUD TACTICS IN THE US. THEY KEEP SENDING BY E-MAIL PROMOTIONS ADDS OFFERING ME TO PURCHASE THEIR..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."