I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan.I had noticed it was getting hard to turn and wheezing around Aug 2015.
I checked the power steering fluid, and it was empty. I filled it with the appropriate Honda ps fluid. I have a 10 minute commute to work through the city downtown. As I was sitting at a stop light, I noticed smoke coming from under my hood.
I was close to work, so I was able to get into the parking lot. The underside of my hood had caught fire. I was able to get it to a mechanic that day, and he told me there were cracks in the power steering and fluid was going everywhere. I couldn't afford to fix the power steering at that time, so Ive been forced to check the fluid once every couple days to make sure it isn't bone dry.
I was forced, however, to replace the belt closest to the power steering fluid reservoir, which cost me nearly $200. I found a recall on NHTSA website, for the exact issue for my exact car. When I called Honda to confirm my car was part of the recall, they stated that it was not. I don't understand how the make model year and version of my car can be included in a recall of nearly 625,000 defective Hondas, but my VIN doesn't apply.
This car has cost me what I paid for it a couple times over, now this.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2003 Honda Accord
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Dear Sir/Mdm I having technical problem on my Honda NC700XA motorcycle speedometer due to unable to set it to km/h. Currently the meter was shown in mph instead of km/h and..."
- "If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC. This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "I AM SO UPSET AT OFFICE DEPOT AS THEY DO HAVE THE WORST FRAUD TACTICS IN THE US. THEY KEEP SENDING BY E-MAIL PROMOTIONS ADDS OFFERING ME TO PURCHASE THEIR..."
- "About 2 years after purchasing the pool a leak started on the hose going into the pool for the water output. It was dripping, very slowly, on the outside of..."
- " I have the Milo sofa I purchased 1 year ago $2000, the cushions are sagging, and the fabric has stretched and balled up...looks horrible, I'm embarrassed for people to see..."